As many of you know, I’ve made the decision to stop whipping and beating my hair and just let it be for a while. As in, no chemical relaxers. Outside of a little color, the quest to alter my hair has officially ceased.
This also means that I’m going to do everything I can to avoid sulfates. This is actually not even a natural hair girl issue, it’s a great thing to think about for your hair in general. Let’s put it this way: sulfates are soap, which is evidenced by the suds. If you’ve seen Fight Club, you know how soap gets made and it’s not pretty (but we can’t talk about that because the first rule of Fight Club is that you don’t talk about Fight Club..but we CAN talk about Brad Pitt’s body in that movie…<sigh>.)
Let’s also add to that that soap causes drying which, if you already have dry or color-treated hair, is really counterproductive. Because you wind up spending more money buying products to replace the lost moisture you just took out with your cleansing products. Hence, in closing, let’s all try to limit our exposure to sulfates so we can prevent dry, frizzy, undernourished and damaged hair. Thank you and good night.
<<<steps off soap box>>>
SO, that being said, you’re going to want some products that will help you wean yourself off of loads of bubbles which you might need to see to help you think that the product is working. This is where a great line like L’Oreal Paris EverCreme Hair Care comes in. At a really affordable price, the company has introduced products that have no harsh sulfates or heavy coating waxes AND cleanse and nourish like a charm. In addition to the lack of harsh sulfates, the products also contain Omega 3 and 6, which condition beautifully and reduce friction on the hair, resulting in less breakage and damage to your delicate strands.
The products are great for many types of hair and I actually like them A LOT (they’re in the Shower of Power as we speak – only the good stuff makes it to my shower.) There are seven products in the line, and they are:
- L’Oreal EverCreme Sulfate-Free Moisture System Nourishing Shampoo and Nourishing Conditioner – Great for normal to thick hair (especially color-treated strands,) this sulfate-free system is a great healing alternative for soft, non-parched locks with amazing body.
- L’Oreal EverCreme Sulfate-Free Moisture System Cleansing Conditioner – A fantastic product for curly girls for whom the act of shampooing is really not a great idea. This cleansing conditioner cleans and conditions at the same time with minimal agitation. Rake it through your strands, rinse, keep it moving.
- L’Oreal EverCreme Sulfate-Free Moisture System Intense Nourishing Shampoo and Intense Nourishing Conditioner – Perfect for curly, ethnic or over-processed hair, this infuses moisture while gently removing dirt and product build-up
- L’Oreal EverCreme Sulfate-Free Moisture System Nourishing Leave-In Spray – A great detangler and styling aid, this helps protect newly nourished strands and keep hair’s moisture balance all day
- L’Oreal EverCreme Sulfate-Free Moisture System Deep Nourishing Masque – Great for weekly deep conditioning and an amazing product when you apply steam heat. Leave it on for a steam at the gym or slather it on dry hair during your favorite 30-minute tv program, rinse when you’re done.
All of the products in the line retail for around $7 and are available at all your local big box retailers and drugstores nationwide. Check out this amazing line and save yourself and your hair from another dry, parched, styling nightmare summer and beyond!