It’s interesting to do what I do, if for no other reason the things I get to do every week that are considered “work.” Take, for instance, getting an invitation to have your hair done, your makeup perfected by celebrity makeup artist Jake Bailey and your photo taken by renowned street style photographer Phil Oh of Street Peeper. In a luxury suite at the Gansevoort Hotel in NYC’s Meatpacking District.
Well, ALRIGHTY THEN. So, it was off to the hotel I went.
I had a chance to interview Jake after he did my makeup so I could nab some tips for all your gals out there. Jake works on EVERYONE – Mariah Carey, Katy Perry…everyone. So, his advice is pretty amazing.
And the finished look for makeup was? Ta-Da!
Shooting with Phil Oh was a lot of fun. He had me running and skipping down the street in the Meatpacking District to get the better shots. This was my favorite shot and I am LOVING IT.
If you want to rock some of the items used on me in the looks above, you can give these fab items a try:
- COVERGIRL + Olay Tone Rehab 2-in-1 Foundation in Golden Tan – Honestly, if you’re in the market for a great foundation that doesn’t suck the life out of your skin, I would highly recommend giving this great hybrid of COVERGIRL coverage and Olay skin-enhancing benefits a try.
- COVERGIRL Blast FlipStick in Snap – LOVE the natural hue, LOVE the multiple options, can’t live without the compact shape.
- COVERGIRL Perfect Blend Eyeliner in Black/Brown – Perfect for those of us with green, hazel and brown eyes, it’s dark enough and smudgeable so it creates the perfect come-hither stare. Not that you’re seeing that stare here, but you know what I mean.
- COVERGIRL LashBlast 24 Hr Mascara in Very Black – I have nothing but good things to say about the volume and length-building aspects of this mascara that truly does last all day and all night without drying to pieces and blinding you by 8 pm.
- COVERGIRL LipPerfection Lip Color in Smolder – For ME, this is the perfect nude lip that has just enough color to bring all the boys to my yard without screaming “LIPSTICK!” right away.
- Aussie Hair Insurance Leave-In Conditioner – Heat styling turns my hair into a Kentucky Fried mess if I’m not careful. This keeps flat irons and hair dryers and styling tools from torching my hair and it leaves it SO soft.