Gals, I should have a Girl Scout badge in Desk to Dinner skills. I have TONS of tips for glamergencies, such as said impromptu invite with the besties. Here are my favorites:
- I keep a gorgeous metallic clutch packed in my desk, which contains a lip product (usually red lipstick,) hair ties, bobby pins and stacks of jazzy gemstone bracelets. I’m a firm believer in glitzy jewelry, gals: it can make a t-shirt and jeans worthy of VIP.
- It is vital to keep two pairs of evening shoes in your desk at all times: one dazzling and flashy, the other of the vampy black or nude variety. Either should go with pretty much ANYTHING. Just be sure to keep shoe cushion inserts in both pairs; a great night out means no crying because your feet hurt.
- I also always have the following items in my desk drawer at all times: a toothbrush and toothpaste, a small brush, a mirror, a teeny flatiron or curling iron (they make travel sizes everywhere and they are GENIUS) and a small tester of knock-em-dead perfume.
- I am a fan of hair up in a twist during the day, so I can tousle for gorgeous curls or waves depending on my blowout situation. If you’re thinking a sleek ponytail or a chignon is better (say you have theatre tickets), then by all means adjust accordingly. Just remember that all great hairstyles start with strong, beautiful hair, so be sure to use CLEAR SCALP & HAIR BEAUTY THERAPY™regularly. Think of it as an extra insurance policy: having strong, healthy hair all day long means you’ll look amazing all the time; perfect for that boost of confidence to look and feel your best for a night on the town.
- I also find that skincare and grooming maintenance helps me feel confident in all situations. I am a skin exfoliating junkie and I try to maintain a rather brow-and-bikini wax schedule. Because even though it’s Girls Night Out, I’m single and, well, you’re just better off prepared.
My last trick: always be the girl who carries business cards and a pen. Honey, there is no better opportunity to work your magic than when you’re out and about with your besties. You’re looking good and feeling fine and that means you’re drawing all sorts of positive attention. Be ready to make connections of ALL kinds at ALL times.
Want some more fashion, style and beauty tips for the Best Night Ever? AMAZE. Join me Friday afternoon at 1 pm, when I will co-host a Best Night Ever Twitter party for CLEAR SCALP & HAIR BEAUTY THERAPY™ as part of their campaign. We’ll dish on beauty tips, hair options and dish about the best nights of your lives with your gaggle of gals.
Follow me at @fashionstbeauty, then be sure to follow CLEAR SCALP & HAIR BEAUTY THERAPY™ at @ClearHair and use the hashtag #BestNightEver to join the conversation. We can dish—and that’s not all. You also have the opportunity to win one of four FAB PRIZES (yep, there’s free stuff involved). Find out how to enter here!
FTC Full Disclosure/Disclaimer: This is a sponsored promotion brought to you by CLEAR SCALP & HAIR BEAUTY THERAPY™