Even though not everyone agreed with Jennifer Lopez‘ choice of red carpet dress, you can’t really argue that the retro-inspired hair and makeup look was flawless. Let’s check out JLo’s gorgeous hair, makeup and nail looks – all created by L’Oreal Paris USA – and talk about how you can steal the spokeswoman’s look for yourself:
Celebrity Hair Stylist: Lorenzo Martin
Get the Look:
1) Spray L’Oréal Paris EverStyle Volume Root Lifting Spray at the roots of clean, damp hair for extra volume before blow-drying it with a round medium-sized boar bristle brush.
2) After hair is completely dry, use a dime-sized amount of L’Oréal Paris EverStyle Strong Hold Defining Gel evenly throughout your hair.
3) Next, pull your hair into a high ponytail, securing it with a metal-free elastic rubber band.
4) Split the ponytail into four different sections and tease each one. Once all four pieces are teased, spray your hair with L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Extra Strong Hold Unscented Hairspray.
5) Take one of the four sections and loop the piece into the ponytail, securing it into place with bobby pins. Follow this step with the remaining three sections, pinning each one in different directions (front, back and side-to-side) for a complete bun.
6) Lock down stray hairs and maintain a sleek look with a bit of L’Oréal Paris EverStyle Smooth & Shine Serum. Seal the look with L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Extra Strong Hold Unscented Hairspray lightly around all the hair.
Celebrity Hair Stylist: Mary Phillips
Get the Look:
Face – Create a natural glow by mixing L’Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Makeup in Sun Beige with LaMer Creme de la Mer Moisturizing Cream to create a dewy-but-even, smooth canvas. Dab L’Oreal Paris Magic Smooth Soufflé Blush in Cherubic on your cheeks for a subtle flush of color
Eyes – Use two shadows to create a sultry eye: L’Oreal Paris Infallible 24H Eye Shadow in Eternal Black and Iced Latte. Then use L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner in Brown to create a winged cat eye. Finish the look with two coats of L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara in Carbon Black
Lips – L’Oreal Paris Infallible 8HR Le Gloss in Coral Sands.
Celebrity Manicurist: Tom Bachik
Get the look: Shape your nails into a classic almond shape with a slight unexpected point at the tip for a modern look. Paint a sheer coat of L’Oreal Paris’ Colour Riche Nail Polish in “Because You’re Worth It” (a gorgeous warm, champagne gold shade – #580) before painting the tips in a V shape in Colour Riche Nail Polish in Haute Couture Red (#470) – a vampy, burgundy wine hue.
Loved? What did you think of La Lopez’ red carpet visage? Dish!