The beauty look for La Perla Collection was created by one of my favorite beauty lines, Hourglass Cosmetics. If you’re not familiar with the brand, I strongly encourage you to get into it. Based on the concept of makeup that benefits the skin no matter how far along in age you may be, it’s makeup that adds benefits and nourishment back into the skin. Any skin that feels better after makeup is aces in my book, which is why Hourglass will always be near and dear to my heart.
The look at La Perla was created by makeup artist Moana Lee, who matched designer Giovanni Bianchi’s Spanish inspiration and the moody color palette of painter Francisco Goya. The look was sensual and strong, with a focus on elegant brows, radiant skin and dramatic lips worthy of an Latin movie heroine. You could smell the botanicals she used to prep the skin and you can see the radiant glow of the models below. It was gorgeous to see.
Makeup Artist: Moana Lee
Inspiration: “I wanted to capture the sensuality and the strength of the woman wearing this decadent lingerie.”
La Perla Collection Look
- Prep with Hourglass No. 28 Primer Serum for a seamless canvas, followed by Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup in three shades: Porcelain, Ivory and Honey.Use the deepest shade for contouring, the lightest to highlight and the matching shade for the base of the face.
- Repeat the process with Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer in Hidden, Fair and Tan. Finish the skin by combining Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Radiant (golden beige), Dim (neutral beige) and Luminous (champagne pearl) for an amazing glow that will make you look like you’ve hired your own lighting crew.
- Define brows with Hourglass Arch Sculpting Brow Pencil in Soft Brunette.
- Line the eyes with Hourglass Film Noir Kohl Eye Pencil in Espresso, then apply the mauve shimmer shade from Hourglass Visionaire Eye Shadow Duo in Exhibition to the lids with a brush dampened in a little No. 28 Primer Serum for a watercolor effect.
- Finish the eyes with a few coats of Hourglass Film Noir Full Spectrum Mascara.
- Prep lips with Hourglass No. 28 Lip Oil, launching this summer, and follow by blending Hourglass Femme Rouge Velvet Crème Lipsticks in Raven and Icon together and applying with a lip brush.