OK, so it’s Hair Removal Week. As I’ve had some site drama, this post SHOULD have run yesterday, but alas, it’s up today. Better late than never!
In the interest of spring, two activities are happening simultaneously (or they SHOULD be): you’re trying to get into shape for the upcoming season (BATHING SUITS and SHORTS, people) AND you’re removing some unwanted body hair to make sure those parts look smooth and fabulous. This means that you might be combining these two activities by having to shave at the gym. Which, if you’re a regular shower-using gym-going gal, can be tricky.
It can, however, be done. Here’s the trick: use a razor that already has shaving cream/moisturizer built in around the blade. Schick Intuition Plus has some GORGEOUS new razors with their Limited-Edition Handles and each design corresponds to a great scent. Le Love (designed by style blogger Kelly Framel of The Glamourai),
The Break (corresponds to the Tropical Splash scent)…
…and Playful Pom (corresponds to the Pomegranate scent.) Four blades of hair removing goodness surrounding by a skin-conditioning solid that will soften hair and help with amazing removal. Get it, use it, done.
Tips for Shaving At the Gym
- Make sure your body hair is good and saturated with water. Go ahead and rinse off for a few minutes before shaving.
- Anchor the leg on some surface for balance. If the showers at your gym have benches, use them. If they don’t, tilt your back against the wall and prop your leg on the opposite wall. If the walls in the shower are gross, put a towel behind your back.
- Work upward in long strokes against the growth pattern of your leg hair. Straighten your leg so you can get your knee without nicking yourself.
- When shaving under your arms, be sure to shave upwards first, then across at an angle to really get close.
- Rinse and apply body lotion immediately to lock in moisture.
- Shave in the steam room. That is the nastiest activity ever and can get you ejected. Because I’m the person that reports you. GROSS.
- Shave your bikini line at the gym, especially if things have – shall we say – grown out.
- Try to shave your legs without balancing on a surface, unless you’re a world-champion yoga enthusiast. Yeah,you know, not even then.
And tomorrow, I’ve got some tips on how to shave while traveling! Stay tuned!