Even though this post is brought to you as my role as a Brand Ambassador for Simple Skincare, the opinions expressed within are strictly my own.
SO. How ya feelin’ today?
I almost posted this yesterday, this whole thought about how to help your skin recover from a night of too much revelry, but then I realized that we’d all be out and who would really see it? So, here we are, the day after the big party and it might be time to do a little recon mision for your face.
Outside of the obvious remedies for hangovers and too much partying (lots of water, eye drops, sleep, food), you’ll also want to save your mug from the effects of what tons of alcohol, sugar, sodium and no sleep can do. Because if you thought you had sensitive skin before, BOY is it sensitive now.
Here are 5 quick tips to help save you from a skin hangover:
1) Lock in the moisture – Don’t even really bother trying to wash your face in your condition (and that is the ONLY time you will hear me issue that advice.) Remove your makeup and any impurities with Simple Skincare Cleansing Facial Wipes, then splash your face with water and immediately slather your face with Simple Skincare Vital Vitamin Night Cream while it’s still wet. Allowing your wet skin to air dry with the night cream on it will lock in moisture and will help revive tired, irritated tissues.
2) Soothe your under eyes – Cold compresses (a cool washcloth, slices of cool cucumber) will help with puffiness, but keep Simple Skincare Revitalizing Eye Roll-On next to you and apply regularly to help with the crepe-y, hangdog look. If you have to leave the house, nude liner inside the lower lash line and navy liner along the top will help you look more awake.
3) Sleep and water – This goes without saying. Try sleeping on your back so blood won’t pool toward your face. It’ll help when you’re trying to prevent creases…or, you know, get rid of the ones you created when you fell asleep face down in your clothes last night. 😉
4) Watch your diet today – The morning after is the time when you crave everything that’s bad for you to soak up all the damage you did last night. Since your skin and body are already super sensitive, this may not be the best plan of action. So, just make some simple modifications. If you need bread, try whole wheat and use olive oil instead of butter. Skip the soft drinks, maybe limit your exposure to dairy today. Small changes today will save you a world of hurt tomorrow.
5) Steam, then cool – One of my favorite tricks (once the headache subsides) is to place a steaming hot washcloth over my face before I go to bed, then apply a good toner (love Simple Skincare Soothing Facial Toner) and then seal it with a night cream followed by a cold/cool washcloth to help shock the pores closed. It’s an old school trick that will result in amazing results in the morning.
Even though you can’t stop yourself from enjoy the joys of the season, you can make a quick apology the next day and get your skin right back on track. As a matter of fact, make a New Year’s resolution to take better care of your skin and it’ll take really good care of you. It’s just that simple.