What it is: The amazing M∙A∙C Cosmetics releases quite a few collections a year, inspired by all nature of people, places, things and artistic influence. This collection was created to celebrate the photography and amazing imagery of Chen Man, China’s most popular fashion photographer. The collection is inspired by her two greatest inspirations: love and water.
About Chen Man: Chen Man started snapping pictures for the Chinese publication Vision in 2003. The fashion elite of her country took notice – the images were striking, high-gloss glamour with a particular focus on beauty. She creates striking images with saturated color. Her work has since been seen across the globe, from Chinese Vogue to projects for Gucci, Mercedes-Benz and Marni as well as gallery showings in Paris, Miami and Moscow.
How to shop the collection: This is a perfect makeup bridge for the turn of seasons to spring. The blues are still moody enough for you not to feel completely lost outside your dark winter’s uniform, but the gorgeous pinks are enough to inspire even the most jaded makeup wearer to embrace the coming of spring.
- The Mineralize Eye Shadow Duos can be worn swirled together for a single, dreamy shade or you can use brushes to create a day-to-night smoky eye starting with the lightest shade working your way to the lightest. The lovely Supersweet is gorgeous for everyday, the vivid blues in Love Cycle are perfect for a wash of happy color.
- The two Nail Lacquers are amazing for the coming of spring. Use Pinkly Fresh for fingers and Breezy Blue for toes if you’ve got to go more corporate, either on both hands and feet if you’re so inclined, or go for a daring reverse French manicure and use the pink as a base and put the blue along the tips of your fingers.
- The Beauty Powder is a perfect way to wake your skin up from a long winter’s nap. A lovely shimmering pink that will give you a first love flush.
- The beautiful Fluidline hues are perfect for a great cat eye if you’re in a hurry (just add lipstick) or to define a gorgeous evening eye. The blue Waveline hue will help the whites of your eyes pop if you’re tired and it looks good on all skin tones.
- The two Lipsticks and Lipglass hues are perfect for a wash of color on the mouth. This is the time to experiment with a gorgeous bright lip hue (a HUGE trend of the moment and for the upcoming season.)
The limited-edition collection will be in stores from now until April 5th, so stop by your local M∙A∙C store or counter or order up online. It’s all in the gallery below. Which items will YOU pick up?