The scene: Backstage at Mackage was really pretty calm. The models were fresh for the first show to kick of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week and the crew was in full swing getting hair and makeup ready. The AVON team had been at it for a while when I arrived at 8:15 am but were all in great spirits.
Overheard Backstage: “If my camera doesn’t have a flash, does that mean I’ll look darker in photos?”
The Look: Avon products were used to get the hair look created for the Mackage show. Tippi Shorter and Anthony Barrow,who created the hair look for the fall 2010 runway show, were supported by a full team of Avon Global Stylist Advisors and Advance Techniques professionals. Anthony described the look as a girl who had gone out the night before and had to use her morning-after hair to head into the day. It’s a deep side part with a textured ponytail. It’s sexy, it’s glam and most important, it’s incredibly easy.
The Products: Avon Advance Techniques Volumizing Mousse, Advance Techniques Moisture Sleek Smoothing Serum and Gel, and Advance Techniques Mirror Shine Spray.
Get The Look: Here are the instructions straight from the Avon team:
- Apply Advance Techniques Volumizing Mousse to hair that has been blown straight, even ly distributing to create a sturdy base for the style. Use a comb to create a deep diagonal part that extends from the hairline just above the outside corner of one eye to the crown.
- Using a round barrel brush and blow dryer, create a defined part by blowing the front section forward to create a dramatic sweep across one eye.
- Just below the crown, backcomb a 2-3” section of hair and drape over the back of the head to distribute the teased pieces. Gather the bottom section of hair (below the diagonal part) and tie off into a low ponytail using a clear elastic band.
- Mix Advance Techniques Moisture Sleek Smoothing Serum and Shaping Gel and apply by hand to the front section of hair, enhancing the drape across the front of the face.
- Gather the draped section of hair and pull into the loose low pony, securing with bobby pins. Finish with Advance Techniques Mirror Shine Spray for a high shine finish.
It’s beautiful and I’ll be working the look a little later today. The fabulous folks of AVON were nice enough to give me a head start. One of them gave me a cute blow out this morning! Thanks!
More on the Mackage clothing and show here shortly. We’re off and running!