I’m kind of having a belt moment right now and I think you should, too. Here are my top five reasons why belts are so fun and fabulous:
1) They add instant punch to your existing wardrobe pieces without breaking the bank
2) You can transform something extremely basic (a sheath dress, a black T-shirt and jeans) into something impossibly chic with the addition of one accessory
3) They accentuate your waist and give you a waist if you don’t have one
4) If you choose carefully, they never go out of style (keep embellishments to a minimum)
5) You can wear them multiple ways with countless separates and never repeat the same look twice (unless you want to, of course).
This gorgeous belt is just the thing to lighten up my rather dark NYC wardrobe (was checking the other day – too much grey – was I depressed or something?). I’m thinking of cinching it over a long white tunic top with a pencil skirt and colorful heels, or even a basic tee and a denim skirt. Either way, colorful belts like this gorgeous one from CC Skye are must-haves, especially when you’re looking to transform your look without setting fire to your credit cards.