A friend of mine once had someone of significance ask her if bloggers just hung out in their pajamas all day. You know, like we roll out of bed, start typing snarky opinions while never showering or leaving the house. Granted, that might be true for a small percentage but we do have jobs, lives and, yes, we do actually get dressed in the morning and work like everyone else.
Today’s one of those days where I basically don’t have to go anywhere so I thought I’d show you what I normally wear “around the house” for a day of writing. This outfit is also going to be paired with a pair of awesome Frye boots this evening when I venture out into the rain to attend a Gossip Girl viewing party and the DVD release of The Roommate (simultaneously, might I add.) Here’s the breakdown of the look:
- Oversized black V-neck sweater – The Limited (no longer available, I bought it about ten years ago.)
- Wrinkled Striped tank top (I swear that’s what it’s called) – Forever 21
- Denim shorts – vintage Levi’s 501s that have been lovingly shortened with a serrated knife for maximum fraying
- Socks – Sock Theory (this pair isn’t available but I recommend looking at her other options – LOVE these socks)
- Lipstick – L’oreal Infallible Le Rouge Lip Color in Blazing Sangria (color #714)
For those of you who are thinking to yourself, “you don’t REALLY wear lipstick when you’re writing, do you?,” I would have to tell you that I do. If you knew how many delivery guys, messengers and UPS/FedEx guys show up at my house, you’d know why. Plus, you never know who you could run into on your way to the corner store to grab coffee. The world is positively RIPE with possibilities. Dress accordingly.
Let’s hear your thoughts on the lip color! You’ll find out why later today. 🙂