People ask me regularly what I really wear during the day. As a freelance writer and editor, I’m usually in shorts and a t-shirt in the summer, but I also love long wrap sweaters that can knock off the draft and can upgrade the look instantly if I have to step out of the house. This photo shows a regular work day look for me.
The reason I shot this look because I was inspired by a look that I spotted on this Look.tv segment (shot by the same photographer/videographer who shot these photos, Giafrese) and I fell in love with how she took a look I normally wear during the day and that only my local coffee purveyor gets to see into the evening and onto the street of Paris.
The rocker tee and cutoffs go chic with the long sweater, but add a gorgeous pair of snakeskin heels and it’s party time. If I had a pair of sequined shorts, that would make the outfit instantly evening-worthy for any streets. They just add that little bit of shine.
Here’s a breakdown of what I’m wearing:
- Vintage Blondie concert t-shirt (Debbie Harry, I worship you) – you can find similar items on eBay
- Chip & Pepper vintage jeans, cut off. Found at Housing Works
- Linea Pelle Women’s Waist Belt with Triple Row Studs
- Linea Pelle Rounded Pyramid Stud Skinny Hip Belt, worn as a bracelet
- Brera Orologi Isabella Chronograph
- Ranjana Khan for The Limited Bullseye pendant necklace and Ranjana Khan for The Limited Jeweled Bib Necklace
- Superdry cateye sunglasses
- Aldo sneakers by day, Lauren Ralph Lauren Kadie Snakeskin Cage Sandals for evening
- DKNY Cozy Long Wrap Sweater