And the red carpet armchair quarterbacking continues!
Last night’s Critics’ Choice Awards was a great and galant affair (and let’s face it, JUSTICE WAS SERVED when Ben Affleck won for Best Director for Argo and when Jessica Chastain won for Zero Dark Thirty, but I digress.) Most notable on the beauty front was gorgeous and talented actress Emily Blunt, who stunned in a dress by Miu Miu (I’d love to raid her closet, wouldn’t you?) and a classic Hollywood makeup and hair look.
Makeup artist Jenn Streicher said , “Once I saw the Miu Miu dress Emily was wearing, my inspiration became a modern Veronica Lake,” said Streicher. She kept the eyes simple with just a pop of color and lots of lashes, pairing that with bronzy, dewy skin and a vibrant red lip. Here’s how she created this look on the lovely red carpet stunner using Giorgio Armani Beauty and YSL Beaute:
- YSL Touché Éclat Foundation
- Giorgio Armani Maestro Eraser in #4
- YSL Poudre Sur Mesure in Amber #3
- Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush in #6
- YSL Touché Éclat (applied around eyes and cheek bones)
- Giorgio Armani Brow Defining Pencil in #2 Brown
- Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Eyeshadow in #5 Gold Blitz, #7 Sweet Fire
- YSL Volume Effect Faux Cils in Black
- Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro #503
Personally, you have one face. If you wear makeup, make the stuff that touches your actual FACE (pretty much everything) the best you can afford. An item of YSL Beaute and/or Giorgio Armani Beauty can make every day into a red carpet moment and the results are mindblowing. Pick yours up via those links or your local Saks.
What did you think of Emily’s makeup from the Critic’s Choice Awards?