Truth be told, I have warmed considerably to Julianne Hough’s charms. She seems like your spunky friend that you’d start out the day shopping with and then suddenly you’d find yourself on some random caper that involves a dive bar, an ex-boyfriend’s dressing down (by her) and a night on the town with tons of phone numbers. In other words, she seems fun.
She’s also gorgeous and I’m currently aiming for a similar cut to her super cute hairstyle. This makeup look for the premiere of Safe Haven, her new movie with Josh Duhamel, was so light and pretty, I had to feature it. I also want those of you who aren’t as familiar with Votre Vu, a French cosmetics line that’s available here in the states, to get more familiar. It’s good stuff.
Here’s a breakdown:
Star: Julianne Hough
Makeup Artist: Spencer Barnes
Inspiration: Her Alberta Ferretti gown. “Her entire look was inspired by her Alberta Ferretti dress which was a very sheer, nude color with beautiful, subtle detailing and shimmering pieces. We wanted to keep the makeup in line with that magical, ethereal feeling, nothing too strong,” he says.
- Start by prepping the skin with Votre Vu Attentive Skincare for sensitive skin.
- Apply Attentive Crème du Jour with a foundation brush in order to get a very even veil of coverage for the face.
- For a very natural face, use Votre Vu Love Me Deux in Provence all over to give skin a youthful, luminous look that’s light and fresh.
- Tap Vu-On Rouge in Bouquet Rose onto the back of your hand to warm the product, then blend it onto the apples of your cheeks for a soft, sheer glow.
- Apply Beauté en Bronze Duo with a larger powder brush to your entire face for a sun-kissed appearance, then use an angled brush to sculpt the sides of the face, cheekbones, neck and jawline. Use the brush to apply the blush part of the duo right on the apples of the cheeks.
- Prep your lids with a nude shadow base, then smudge Le Joli Crayon in Aubergine into your upper lash line. Apply a combination of iridescent look of pale silver, pink/gold, and deep brown over the lids to complete the look (ed note: Dior 5-Colour Eyeshadow in Rosy Tan 754 + Sephora Collection Eyeshadow in No. 60 Diamonds Are Forever should do the trick.)
- Curled your lashes, then apply a few coats of Eiffel Power Mascara in Charbon. Finish the look with Arch de Triumphe Brow Definer.
- Apply Vu-On Rouge in Bouquet Rose onto your lips using a lip brush for more control (the heavier application gives denser color.) Finish the lips with a pale nude gloss to give it a bit more moisture.
What did you think of Julianne’s red carpet look?