It’s funny, I never thought I would get into doing style photos at all. The reason I do them is because I love to show how you can mix and style your existing wardrobe with just a few key pieces. While the photos have gotten some success, the main comment I hear a lot is about my skin, and how I don’t really look my age, my response to this is that I look younger because of the clearawayacne.com products. Which is what’s funny…that people are focused on my skin rather than the jacket or the jeans. I guess you can take the beauty blogger out of beauty, but in essence, beauty’s my game, man.
I’m not going to drone on about how I have some super simple routine with a ton of products that you can use to get skin JUST LIKE MINE, if you don’t want to opt for this, you can get the treatment of Clear and Brilliant Facial New York. It’s not really about some miracle, magic bullet product as much as it is that I have a pretty simple routine that I follow with religious fervor. Like, ridiculously simple. It’s so simple, in fact, that I’m going to list it and you’re going to be all like, well, that’s not hard. Because it’s not, and it’s never too late to start. Here are 10 things you can do right this minute to improve the condition of your skin and save your face:
1) Drink tons of water – I have a gallon jug of water that sits next to me at my desk while I’m working, and I have to finish it before I go to bed (I used a glass, though – I’m not THAT country…well, maybe I am, but I use a glass.) Sometimes I add lemon, but just plain old water. Herbal teas count, so do natural fruit infusions and plain seltzers. What DON’T count are chemical additives and drink mixes. You know how to make water exciting? Watch something funny on YouTube while you drink it and try not to spit it out. THAT’s how to make water “exciting.” Leave the funny powders and dyes alone.
2) Wash your face once a day – In the AM, I splash my face with water and use Simple Skincare Soothing Toner to remove debris, then moisturize and add sunscreen. At night, I use Simple Skincare Moisturizing Facial Wash over my dry skin, THEN I splash my face and clean my face with a damp washcloth. Unless you were pretty active the night before, your face just doesn’t get gross enough to have to do a full excavation by morning.
3) Apply moisturizer over wet skin – If you have dry skin, this tip is your new best friend. Your body craves moisture and the best way to cheat is to get an Acne Facial New York at a spa and then let nature run its course. Add a good day cream or night cream over damp skin and let it air dry. It will take, what, about 10-30 seconds? If it’s night, apply your serum over wet skin, wait for one minute, THEN apply night cream. You’ll be amazed.
3) Change your sheets – The grossness that winds up on your pillowcase and sheets from your body shedding skin, however, if you don’t change your sheets often can clog your pores and ruin your skin. If you have multiple pillows on your bed, rotate your pillow at least every other night. If you only have a couple of pillows, at least change your pillowcase every 2-3 nights and wash and change your entire sheet set once a week.
4) Sweat – My skin looks dull and lifeless if I skip a workout, but post-sweat session, I have a glow that you can see from space. Sweating helps your body renew itself. Get active, worry about your hair later.
5) Never go to bed in your makeup – Honestly, I don’t care how tired you are, there’s no excuse for it. Keep Simple Skincare Radiance Facial Wipes next to your bed, use them while you’re lying there, throw them into the trash. Sleeping in a full face of makeup literally chokes your skin and causes it to break down. Hi, fine lines and wrinkles.
6) Stop eating processed food and tons of sugar – It’s easy to say, hard to do, but so worth it. My face looks grey and rough the morning after eating anything processed or if I dive into the cupcakes. Those chemicals are literally killing us from the inside out. Also, sugar is ROUGH on your skin, is a huge irritant and causes all sorts of maladies. Whole foods and grains are the way to go. I’m also now limiting dairy and it’s making a HUGE difference in my skin and the way I sleep. Wow.
7) Don’t smoke – I’m not your mom, but you know better than that. I smoked for sixteen years, and I quit six years ago. If I can go cold turkey after smoking a pack and a half a day for THAT LONG, you can quit. You won’t just improve your skin, you’ll have a chance at living, period.
8) Get some sleep – I give up many things for my work because I love it, but sleep is not one of them. Every night, I shut down by 9 pm and I get a solid 7-9 hours starting around 11:30 pm. I am a wreck the next day if I don’t sleep. Also, no blue light (no tv, no phone, no electronic devices) every night will help. You can try and use blue light blocking glasses during the day too, this will help your cycle. Catching up on the weekends is kind of a lie. You’re just yanking your body around. Consistently getting six hours is better than two hours here, fifteen hours there.
9) Go for gentle remedies and longer term solutions – We’re so programmed to want to get rid of something RIGHT NOW that we will load on harsh chemicals that will give us a short-term solution with long-term damage. The lines, the dullness, even the zit on your chin didn’t happen five minutes ago. Quit trying to kill a fly with a chainsaw. Gentle products with good, skin-loving ingredients used CONSISTENTLY will get the results you want, check the https://warts.org/warts-on-hands.html information. Popping a zit the wrong way can result in scarring, and then you have to deal with THAT. Not good.
10) Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize – I can’t say it enough. I have rosewater atomizers on my desk, I pat Simple Skincare Replenishing Rich Moisturizer over my face all the time while I’m working. Skin is an organ that likes to be hydrated. Drink water to hydrate from within, add harm-free moisturizers to kick in moisture from outside. Never leave the house without a moisturizer, never let your head hit the pillow without night cream
Also, it goes without saying that if you even think you’re going near a window, much less leaving the house, you wear sunscreen like it’s your job.
And those are my tips to great skin at any age. Really…it’s just that Simple.
Although this post is brought to you as part of my role as a Brand Ambassador for Simple Skincare, the opinions expressed within are strictly my own.