While this post is brought to you as part of my role as a Brand Ambassador for Simple Skincare, the opinions within are strictly my own.
When I started dating Lucky Guy, one of the first things he noticed was that there was suddenly an explosion of beauty products around his apartment. As he put it, “I sort of went into my bathroom one morning and realized, ‘Wow! There’s a woman here!'”
Yep. I am a woman and all of “this” doesn’t just “happen.” Also, while this does take up a bit of space, it also means that somehow when you have a beauty or skincare-related question, like “what’s the best epilator for this strange patch of hair?” there’s magically a solution nearby.
Which is exactly what happened when he asked me about how to take care of his skin…and maybe a little bit about dark circles under his eyes. Plus, did I know of a shampoo and conditioner that could give him soft hair and good volume?
And so it begins.
After giving Lucky Guy a very simple regimen for his combination skin, his complexion is nothing short of glowing. And I mean, his skin looks GOOD. The whole rugged, leather-skinned skin thing is out, dudes: taking care of your face is a great thing.
Here are some quick tips for the guys out there to help get your mug in better condition without making it look like you’re trying too hard, which is kind of a Lucky Guy mantra (see also: ladies, this is how to sneak better skincare into your dude’s regimen without them panicking):
- We keep Simple Skincare Foaming Cleanser in the shower. It’s great for his combination skin because it lifts surface oils where necessary without drying the rest of his skin. Two pumps into a washcloth and his face is ready for the day, pre-shave. I’m working on getting him to use his hands (more gentle), but I’ll take what I can get. We also won’t talk about attempts to make this a body wash. The answer: um, no.
- He’s got Simple Skincare Protecting Light Moisturizer SPF 15 on the sink next to the electric shavers. Apply it post-shave or even on days when you’re not shaving for softer skin that will stay hydrated and clear (lack of moisture can lead to irritation and breakouts, acne-prone folks.) Plus, the SPF helps protects from the sun’s harmful rays.
- The complaint about dark circles has led to the addition of eye cream to the mix. Right now, I’m applying Simple Skincare Soothing Eye Balm under his eyes at night before he goes to bed with cool hands and it’s getting rid of the tired look. Plus, the dark circles are also starting to break up. The next step is to get more sleep and cut down on the coffee to help with the dark circles, but one thing at a time.
- I actually didn’t need to coach him on this, but he drinks a ton of water during the day. Water is the best skincare tip ever: staying hydrated will keep you from, well, getting dehydrated, which is one of the main causes of a LOT of skin concerns. I’m actually following his lead on trying to down a gallon a day on days when I exercise.
- The next frontier is adding a scrub. Guys, scrubs help exfoliate the face and, paired with shaving, can really give you smooth skin, help remove debris that clogs pores and causes acne, and helps the overall health and appearance of the face. I’ve got Simple Skincare Smoothing Facial Scrub just ready for this weekend. It’s on, folks.
Let’s be honest, here: Lucky Guy is gorgeous, so all I’m really doing is helping his skin look its best. But the more excited I get about how great his skin looks, the more enthusiastic he is to keep it going. It’s not that complicated, it’s actually just that simple.