FSB readers, as a beauty maven, one of the things I pride myself on is a very strong knowledge of skincare. It’s one of the things I feel sets me apart. I’m like a few others in my brethren – I study it, I want to know the science behind it, I want to test it and I want to love it because if I LOVE IT, I will feel comfortable telling you about it.
I would like to officially say for the record that I have fallen madly in love with the Peter Thomas Roth Laser Free Collection, were created to mimic the results of laser resurfacing, which can cost upwards of thousands of dollars in a dermatologist’s office, for mere cents on the dollar in your own house. I have tested the products for six weeks, and I’m here to tell you that they are nothing short of amazing. Let’s discuss:
What they are: These are products that – and please read this carefully – WITH CONTINUED USE can mimic some of the benefits of laser treatment without harsh skin irritation, burns and other maladies. They use products use a mixture of exotic plant-based ingredients with high-tech advances for some serious results.
Why you use them: These are products for pretty much anyone who wants to stave off wrinkles, fine-to-deep lines, uneven skin texture and facial expression lines. If you’ve started to see some signs of aging, I would definitely recommend them to help halt the aging progression of your skin with – again – regular, continued use.
The Products (in order of how I suggest you use them)
Peter Thomas Roth Laser-Free™ Retexturizer
- What it is – This is a scrub that goes beyond how scrubs should work. Basically, it’s re-texturizes skin, which means it contains ingredients that manually, enzymatically and chemically exfoliate and resurface your skin while simultaneously repairing and moisturizing it. Use it once to see what I mean.
- What it does – It scrubs, exfoliates, repairs and moisturizes skin. It evens out your skin’s texture and can help diminish the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Active ingredients- Jojoba beads, papaya enzyme, glycolic acid, and natural oils (sweet almond, apricot and mango.) The key here is the Dragon’s Blood extract, a dark red resin that ‘bleeds’ from the Croton Lechleri Tree found in the Peruvian Amazon Rain Forest, used for centuries to quicken the healing of wounds. It’s got incredible powers of rejuvenation.
- How to use it- Slather it on wet skin in the shower. Let it work its magic for about three minutes, then gently exfoliate your face and rinse clean
Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Turbo
- What it is – This is an amped-up version of the already popular Un-Wrinkle series with anti-aging peptides and neuropeptides (those little gems that help plump skin from underneath.) It’s a serum that delivers results.
- What it does – The combination of ingredients help lift some of the most stubborn wrinkles and expression lines: forehead wrinkles, the “eleven” lines, nose “scrunch” creases, parentheses, pout lines and marionette lines
- Active ingredients- It combines 18 potent anti-aging ingredients with 72% with hyaluronic acid and vitamins A C & E.
- How to use it- After you’ve cleansed your face, apply a thin layer to the lines that need it most. Wait 30 seconds for the product to sink in before applying additional product
Peter Thomas Roth Laser-Free Resurfacing Eye Serum
- What it is – The tissue around your eye is the most delicate and shows the most wear and tear the fastest. This eye serum is designed to turn around the appearance of damage while nourishing and protecting your delicate eye area.
- What it does – The ingredients repair and renew delicate eye tissue to minimize the appearance of under eye puffiness, dark circles, fine lines and wrinkles. Here’s the best part – it infuses moisture, which helps plump and lift dehydrated skin for an immediate effect that makes you look more awake and alive.
- Active ingredients- This one shows the magic of Dragon’s Blood extract.
- How to use it – Apply around eye area by applying a small dot (don’t overdo it) to your ring fingers and pat in gently until it disappears.
Peter Thomas Roth Laser-Free Regenerator
- What it is – Inspired by a product that would be nourishing enough to work after a chemical treatment, Peter Thomas Roth developed this amazing product, which is a combination of a gel and a cream that speeds into your skin to help its natural regeneration process. The result is deeply hydrated skin that has a very radiant glow and a youthful-looking plumpness.
- What it does – It uses active ingredients to calm inflammed skin, nourishes from within, firms your complexion and brightens.
- Active ingredients- Among some high-tech ingredients, it contains Dragon’s Blood, Dragon Fruit, Red Poppy, Fire Tulip, Japanese Cherry and Purple Orchid.
- How to use it: take a small amount (a little dab will do it) and apply over your serums to lock them in. Apply from the decollete up to the forehead and don’t forget your ears.
These fab products are available at Sephora in-store and online right now. If you were thinking about a more radical procedure (or secretly envy people who have,) please consider these products first. I love the results and would challenge that they’re WAY less painful. Plus, there’s NO recovery time.