Well, so I’m coming to the end of the Core Fusion challenge with exhale. Co-creator Fred DeVito and I decided to go double or nothing for the month of August, so I’m diligently heading to classes multiple times a week (and sometimes more than one class a day!) in order to see if I can lose an additional pound a week.
When we last spoke, I was down 25 lbs and this week? I’ve lost THREE more, which is one pound more than I usually lose! It’s working! So, now I have 15 lbs to go to reach my goal weight. While I won’t reach that by the end of August, I will most likely hit that mark by the end of September, so you’ll have to hang in there with me to see if I can hit the mark.
The video attached was shot in the middle of last week. After two weeks of mishaps, I grabbed my iPhone and just did it myself sitting on the floor waiting for class at the Exhale Gansevoort Meatpacking District location. It ain’t pretty, but it gets the job done.
So, other than the weight loss, what else has changed? Let’s check it out:
- My abdominal muscles are STRONG, people. As in, my abs will fire up to hold my body up on their own without me even having to ask. I can hang out in plank pose for minutes, not seconds. As someone who suffered from back pain for years, I no longer have those issues. These classes WORK.
- I said that I wanted my belly button to go back to its rightful place on my stomach this summer. After fourteen weeks of hard, HARD work, I’m proud to say that it’s right back where it’s supposed to be.
- I’ve lost inches. I’ve lost two dress sizes. I’ve had to give away about half of my wardrobe. You know what else I gave away? Self pity. Self doubt. I’m shedding pounds and I’m shedding insecurity with it. I don’t want any of those things back.
- I’ve learned that you can do anything for three minutes. I’ve learned that as uncomfortable as anything can be, if you just surrender and remain present, it’ll pass. When you realize the discomfort is actually your muscles firing up to burn an insane amount of fat and stoking the fires to rev your metabolism all day, you learn to love it more than you want to fight it. As a matter of fact, bring it on.
- There is no reason to be afraid of an exercise class. I know people have said that they’re nervous about taking on classes such as this and I admit that I was afraid of one of them myself: Core Fusion Bootcamp. I just did it this past weekend and I’m mad at myself for waiting that long. Yes, it’s a tough class but it was SO WORTH IT. I did Spiderman pushups on a medicine ball, people. I would NEVER have even tried that on my own. If you’re even curious about what your body can do, then book that class and get in the room.
- I’m falling in love with myself again. I spent a long time trying to distance myself from my body, fighting against my weight and what I had done to myself with copious amounts of alcohol, “comfort” food and the like. I don’t want to do that anymore. I like being present in my life in a body that’s capable of handling what life has to offer.
So, that’s it for now. I’m heading out to Core Fusion at 12:30 pm. Look for a special treat later this week where my nutrition guru/holistic health counselor Kayleigh Pleas has created a video to explain how to eat right and get my results!
If you’re curious about what exhale and Core Fusion can do for you, please head to their website and find out more information. Book a class, come in and see what it’s all about. It works, people…on so many levels.